On-call Arabic Tutor – Online

on-call remote arabic tutor 

Online 

International opening 

important

Before applying to this job you need to take a look at the current year collection of catalogs prepared by the Institute so you could get a clear idea about the ongoing programs and the Institute as a whole. 

About this job 

Related definitions

Tutor: the person who teaches or guides the learner through an educational material to achieving specific goals in a timely manner. 

On-call: the person who’s available anytime when needed.

Remote: the person who’s able to be at the students’ locations physically and on time.

Class = meeting = session 

To put that all in context, an on-call and remote tutor is a tutor who’s ready to give face-to-face lecture to the students at their premises in a pre-arranged schedule.

​What will you do ​

 You will be preparing each individual meeting ahead of time by reading the related books, summarizing them, think of how to best use them in the meeting context, answer your students inquiries and do whatever necessary to provide a well-presented material and well-managed and performed session that are approved by your supervisor.

On another level, you will make sure to reach the student at their location on time and providing your session then leaving as you are done with it. 

Work mechanism 

This is a 100% contractor-base and 75% remote job opening, the remainder 25% is reserved for the offline meetings with your team members, mentor, supervisor, other administrators and staff.

That’s being said, you will work and collaborate with your team members and the rest of staff mostly online. While you will be trained on using the required tools to perform your job easily and , the remote work environment requires you an additional knowledge of it , please invest your time reading an pd learning about remote working from these resources or others that you can come across on your own to get a clearer picture of what it means to work remotely and to assess whether you can work in such conditions:

http://bit.ly/remote_work_inforgraphic

And download this PDF:

http://bit.ly/remote_working_guide



Where do you fit

You are in the very ending of the learning management chart as part of the tutoring unit, you are directly related to the coordinating, curriculum designing, student support and IT units and most importantly, the CRU.

Other teams that you might be in an occasional relationship is the Accounting unit.

About you

  • You appreciate that this job relies heavily on the facilitator inside you;
  • You are native Arabic speaker as in some courses, you need to prepare your session teach in your spoken dialect of Arabic and MSA.
  • Your English score on the test in the form is equal to or above 89%, since you will be communicating in both, Arabic and English.
  • You are an excellent team player. Each module is a result of a team effort (At least you and your TA) so while you might be strong in some skills, you would complement your partner/s’ weak areas and vice-versa;
  • You are equally quite worker and only collaborate on what matters;
  • You possess excellent remote working skills;
  • You understand the mentality of a language learner because you are a lifelong learner yourself.

What we offer

Outstanding on-board and ongoing training with certificates

  • Language teaching 
  • Learning as a skill for life 
  • Teaching adults 
  • Sales 
  • Public speaking  
  • Among other subjects…

As well as you will be guided and promptly supported by the IT unit on using cutting-edge technology on some or all of the following applications:

  • Internal systems 
  • Slack
  • Evernote 
  • Trello
  • Zapier 
  • Talent LMS 
  • Matrix LMS
  • Asana 
  • Redbooth
  • Among other applications…

 

A generous hourly rate  

This job is a contractor-based opening, meaning that there will be no fixed salary nor employee benefits, at least in the current phase, however, we are sure of providing a very satisfying hourly rate for your time and effort. 

You will vest every 30 days from the date of the session occurrence. For example, if you give a class in the 1st of August, you will get your agreeable hourly rate of the same class by the 1st of September, this will be handled and calculated automatically by the payroll. 

While we are working hard on minimizing your expenses by providing a nearby student and manage the entire back and forth communications with the coordinating management, we are not committed to providing transportation nor call allowances in the meantime.  30 days annual leave 

Profit sharing 

Suits you? Apply now! 

or browse other openings

How to apply ​

What next? ​

I have a question