The tutor isn’t a partner virtually, they are real partners with dividends and stakes in the venture platform cooperative, or platform co-op which is a cooperatively owned, democratically governed business that establishes a computing platform, and uses a website, mobile app or a protocol to facilitate the sale of goods and services…
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide virtual language instruction to improve Arabic language proficiency skills across the modalities of Listening, Reading, and Speaking (L/R/S) as measured by the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT), ACTFL or Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI).
- Provide virtual instruction on regional and culture subjects, using modern communicative and blended-learning methodologies.
- Provide instruction based on designated POI.
- Develop lesson plans or other learning material, as required.
- Possess the ability to assess, develop a lesson plan, and deliver instruction based on student interest and levels varying from ILR 0+ - 3,
- Review, correct, and grade assignments, discuss and provide feedback.
- Maintain a positive and professional virtual learning environment, telephonic environment, chat message environment address student behavior/attendance concerns with site lead, and utilize designated materials mentioned in POI and other products approved by GOVT to support instruction.
- Collaborate with Site Lead, POI analyst, or Language Instructional Developer to address student and curriculum gaps.
- Educated native speaker of the Arabic language or a near-native Arabic language capability in listening, reading, and speaking with ILR 3/3/3 or equivalent.
- Experience in providing various levels of Arabic language instruction through a virtual environment.
- Understanding of the cultural, social, and political environment of the Arabic language region.
- Experience in creating blended learning lessons and the ability to tailor existing materials to fit the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Instructor must have access to a Windows, a computer, webcam, headset with a microphone, a phone or smart tablet, and a high-speed internet connection